The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Marantz SR8015 will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 9.8 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The Marantz released this model in 2020. The SR8015 is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 11.2 channels.
Marantz SR8015 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, SR8015 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Marantz SR8015 with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔Auro 3D provides a little more flexibility than Dolby Atmos and creates a hemispherical sound space and allows our receiver to create three levels of sound.
- ✔IMAX Enhanced is a licensing and certification program under which receivers, including Marantz SR8015, deliver that crisp 4K HDR picture and powerful sound by IMAX.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the SR8015 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/120Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔The SR8015 is fitted with the 8K pass-through feature and able to send 8K signals directly to an 8K TV without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Marantz SR8015 to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Marantz SR8015 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.3 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Marantz SR8015.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Marantz SR8015 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the SR8015, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 3 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Marantz SR8015 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Marantz SR8015 Cons
- ✖We do not know disadvantages