A good home AV receiver is a combination of features and good sound performance. This is exactly what the Pioneer VSX-LX102 is. In the course of our review, this model received a rating of 7.1 out of 10. This is a receiver from famous manufacturer Pioneer released in 2013. This model is capable of process 7.2 channels.
Pioneer VSX-LX102 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, VSX-LX102 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Pioneer VSX-LX102 with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the VSX-LX102 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Pioneer VSX-LX102 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Pioneer VSX-LX102.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Pioneer VSX-LX102 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Pioneer VSX-LX102 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Pioneer VSX-LX102 Cons
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Pioneer VSX-LX102 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.