A potential consumer is met with multiple issues when deciding to buy a receiver. In this review of one of the devices, we will attempt to answer all of these questions - Onkyo TX-SR383. This model received a ranking of 4.8 out of 10 during our review. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. The public met this model in 2018. One of the key characteristics of the model is an amplifier with 7.2 channels.
Onkyo TX-SR383 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over TX-SR383 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-SR383 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Onkyo TX-SR383 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Onkyo TX-SR383 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The TX-SR383 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Onkyo TX-SR383 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.