When planning to purchase an AV receiver, a future user is faced with numerous questions that cannot always be dealt with without a specialist. We will try to answer many of these questions in a review of one of the receivers - Onkyo TX-SR373. During the review, we evaluated the technical characteristics and features of the device. 4.2 out of 10 - this is the estimate that we consider fair. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. The release of this receiver took place in 2017. The model from Onkyo can process 5.1-channel sound.
Onkyo TX-SR373 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over TX-SR373 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-SR373 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Onkyo TX-SR373 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Onkyo TX-SR373 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The TX-SR373 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Onkyo TX-SR373 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.