A good home AV receiver is a combination of features and good sound performance. This is exactly what the Onkyo TX-SR353 is. In the course of our review, this model received a rating of 4 out of 10. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. This is a receiver from famous manufacturer Onkyo released in 2016. This model is capable of process 5.1 channels.
Onkyo TX-SR353 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-SR353 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Onkyo TX-SR353 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Onkyo TX-SR353 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The TX-SR353 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Onkyo TX-SR353 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.