The review of Onkyo TX-SR343 is allowing us to understand how intricately the explosive development in the home theater sphere has been made. 4.3 points out of 10 are a proper feature and specs evaluation of this unit. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. In 2015, this receiver model became available for purchase. 5.1-channel amplifier is what this model is equipped with.
Onkyo TX-SR343 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-SR343 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
Onkyo TX-SR343 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The TX-SR343 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Onkyo TX-SR343 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖The Onkyo TX-SR343 can not use the auto speaker calibration.