A modern AV receiver is perhaps one of the most sought after categories of home electronics. We've got one of these receivers for review - Onkyo TX-NR676. Based on the characteristics and features considered, the model received a score of 7.2 on a 10-point scale. In 2017, this receiver was released. An amplifier with 7.2 channels is one of the main model’s feature.
Onkyo TX-NR676 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, TX-NR676 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Onkyo TX-NR676 with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the TX-NR676 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-NR676 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Onkyo TX-NR676.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Onkyo TX-NR676 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Onkyo TX-NR676 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Onkyo TX-NR676 Cons
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Onkyo TX-NR676 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.