A potential consumer is met with multiple issues when deciding to buy a receiver. In this review of one of the devices, we will attempt to answer all of these questions - Onkyo TX-8270. This model received a ranking of 6.2 out of 10 during our review. The public met this model in 2017. One of the key characteristics of the model is an amplifier with 2.0 channels.
Onkyo TX-8270 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, TX-8270 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over TX-8270 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-8270 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Onkyo TX-8270.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the TX-8270, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
Onkyo TX-8270 Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖Onkyo TX-8270 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖The Onkyo TX-8270 can not use the auto speaker calibration.