Audio and video content is increasing quality and a suitable system is required to consume it home. The review of Onkyo TX-8140 that can become your home entertaiment center is brought to your attention. This device got 6.5 points out an evaluation of 10 practicable for its features. In 2016, this receiver model appeared on the market. The receiver is fitted with the 2.0-channel amplifier.
Onkyo TX-8140 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, TX-8140 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Onkyo TX-8140.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the TX-8140, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Onkyo TX-8140 Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Onkyo TX-8140 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖The Onkyo TX-8140 can not use the auto speaker calibration.