Audio and video content is becoming more and more qualitative, and for comfortable home consumption of this content, an appropriate device is needed. We bring to your attention an overview of Pioneer SX-10AE, which can thus become your home entertaniment center. For its technological equipment, this receiver received an assessment of 4.2 points out of 10 possible. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. This is a receiver from Pioneer released in 2017. The receiver is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 2.0 channels.
Pioneer SX-10AE Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the SX-10AE, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Pioneer SX-10AE Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖The SX-10AE has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Pioneer SX-10AE is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖The Pioneer SX-10AE can not use the auto speaker calibration.