Audio and video content is becoming more and more qualitative, and for comfortable home consumption of this content, an appropriate device is needed. We bring to your attention an overview of Sony STRZA1100ES, which can thus become your home entertaniment center. For its technological equipment, this receiver received an assessment of 6.6 points out of 10 possible. This is a receiver from Sony released in 2017. The receiver is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 7.2 channels.
Sony STRZA1100ES Pros
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Sony STRZA1100ES with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔IMAX Enhanced is a licensing and certification program under which receivers, including Sony STRZA1100ES, deliver that crisp 4K HDR picture and powerful sound by IMAX.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the STRZA1100ES with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Sony STRZA1100ES to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Sony STRZA1100ES and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Sony STRZA1100ES uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Sony STRZA1100ES can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Sony STRZA1100ES Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖In the model under review Bluetooth support is not implemented.
- ✖The STRZA1100ES has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Sony STRZA1100ES is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.