Audio and video content is increasing quality and a suitable system is required to consume it home. The review of Sony STR DH550 that can become your home entertaiment center is brought to your attention. This device got 3.7 points out an evaluation of 10 practicable for its features. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. In 2014, this receiver model appeared on the market. The receiver is fitted with the 5.2-channel amplifier.
Sony STR DH550 Pros
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔MHL is a mobile audio-video interface standard that combines the functionality of the HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, its presence in Sony STR DH550 allows you to connect mobile devices and broadcast content from them.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Sony STR DH550 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Sony STR DH550 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Sony STR DH550 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖In the model under review Bluetooth support is not implemented.
- ✖The STR DH550 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Sony STR DH550 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.