A potential consumer is met with multiple issues when deciding to buy a receiver. In this review of one of the devices, we will attempt to answer all of these questions - Marantz SR5010. This model received a ranking of 7.6 out of 10 during our review. The public met this model in 2015. One of the key characteristics of the model is an amplifier with 7.2 channels.
Marantz SR5010 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Marantz SR5010 with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over SR5010 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Marantz SR5010 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Marantz SR5010.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Marantz SR5010 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the SR5010, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Marantz SR5010 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Marantz SR5010 Cons
- ✖The SR5010 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Marantz SR5010 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.