A potential consumer is met with multiple issues when deciding to buy a receiver. In this review of one of the devices, we will attempt to answer all of these questions - Yamaha RX-V677. This model received a ranking of 6.8 out of 10 during our review. The public met this model in 2014. One of the key characteristics of the model is an amplifier with 7.2 channels.
Yamaha RX-V677 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔MHL is a mobile audio-video interface standard that combines the functionality of the HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, its presence in Yamaha RX-V677 allows you to connect mobile devices and broadcast content from them.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V677 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Yamaha RX-V677.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Yamaha RX-V677 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V677 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V677 Cons
- ✖The RX-V677 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V677 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.