Many buyers aim to find an AV receiver with good equipment, an advanced decoder, and powerful amplifiers, and the Yamaha RX-V671 is sure to be the favorite. After careful consideration of the model, we gave it a 6.1 out of 10. The manufacturer released this model in 2011. The receiver is fitted with an amplifier capable of managing 7.1 channels.
Yamaha RX-V671 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, RX-V671 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V671 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Yamaha RX-V671 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V671 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V671 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V671 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.