Most customers are looking to find an AV receiver with decent equipment, and an improved decoder with strong amplifiers and Yamaha RX-V385BL might be favorite in this question. We estimated the model 4.7 out of 10, after carefully reviewing. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. This model went on sale in 2018. A 5.1 channel amplifier is one of the main features of the model.
Yamaha RX-V385BL Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the RX-V385BL with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Yamaha RX-V385BL to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V385BL and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.3 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
Yamaha RX-V385BL Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The RX-V385BL has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V385BL is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖There is no sleep timer.
- ✖The Yamaha RX-V385BL can not use the auto speaker calibration.