A good home AV receiver is a combination of features and good sound performance. This is exactly what the Yamaha RX-V385 is. In the course of our review, this model received a rating of 5 out of 10. This is a receiver from famous manufacturer Yamaha released in 2018. This model is capable of process 5.1 channels.
Yamaha RX-V385 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the RX-V385 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Yamaha RX-V385 to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V385 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V385 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V385 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The RX-V385 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V385 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.