The review of Sherwood RX-4508 is allowing us to understand how intricately the explosive development in the home theater sphere has been made. 4 points out of 10 are a proper feature and specs evaluation of this unit. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. In 2014, this receiver model became available for purchase. 2.0-channel amplifier is what this model is equipped with.
Sherwood RX-4508 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, RX-4508 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔When using the RX-4508, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Sherwood RX-4508 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Sherwood RX-4508 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖The Sherwood RX-4508 can not use the auto speaker calibration.