A modern AV receiver is perhaps one of the most sought after categories of home electronics. We've got one of these receivers for review - Sherwood RX-4208. Based on the characteristics and features considered, the model received a score of 4.5 on a 10-point scale. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. In 2015, this receiver was released. An amplifier with 2.0 channels is one of the main model’s feature.
Sherwood RX-4208 Pros
- ✔Like any modern receiver, RX-4208 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔When using the RX-4208, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Sherwood RX-4208 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖In the model under review Bluetooth support is not implemented.
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Sherwood RX-4208 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖The Sherwood RX-4208 can not use the auto speaker calibration.