The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Yamaha R-S202BL will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 4.8 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. The Yamaha released this model in 2016. The R-S202BL is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 2.0 channels.
Yamaha R-S202BL Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔When using the R-S202BL, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Yamaha R-S202BL Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖The R-S202BL has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Yamaha R-S202BL is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖The Yamaha R-S202BL can not use the auto speaker calibration.