The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Yamaha R-N602 will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 5.7 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The Yamaha released this model in 2015. The R-N602 is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 2.0 channels.
Yamaha R-N602 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, R-N602 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Yamaha R-N602.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the R-N602, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Yamaha R-N602 Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖Yamaha R-N602 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖The Yamaha R-N602 can not use the auto speaker calibration.