A modern AV receiver is perhaps one of the most sought after categories of home electronics. We've got one of these receivers for review - Yamaha R-N600A. Based on the characteristics and features considered, the model received a score of 6.4 on a 10-point scale. In 2023, this receiver was released. An amplifier with 2.1 channels is one of the main model’s feature.
Yamaha R-N600A Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, R-N600A has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Yamaha R-N600A.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Yamaha R-N600A uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha R-N600A can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha R-N600A Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.