A modern AV receiver is perhaps one of the most sought after categories of home electronics. We've got one of these receivers for review - Marantz NR1506. Based on the characteristics and features considered, the model received a score of 6.3 on a 10-point scale. In 2015, this receiver was released. An amplifier with 5.2 channels is one of the main model’s feature.
Marantz NR1506 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over NR1506 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Marantz NR1506 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Marantz NR1506.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Marantz NR1506 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Marantz NR1506 Cons
- ✖The NR1506 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Marantz NR1506 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.