Audio and video content is becoming more and more qualitative, and for comfortable home consumption of this content, an appropriate device is needed. We bring to your attention an overview of Marantz NR1403, which can thus become your home entertaniment center. For its technological equipment, this receiver received an assessment of 4 points out of 10 possible. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. This is a receiver from Marantz released in 2012. The receiver is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 5.1 channels.
Marantz NR1403 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Marantz NR1403 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Marantz NR1403 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Marantz NR1403 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖The NR1403 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Marantz NR1403 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖There is no sleep timer.