The review of Marantz NR1200 is allowing us to understand how intricately the explosive development in the home theater sphere has been made. 6.4 points out of 10 are a proper feature and specs evaluation of this unit. In 2019, this receiver model became available for purchase. 2.0-channel amplifier is what this model is equipped with.
Marantz NR1200 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, NR1200 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the NR1200 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Marantz NR1200 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.3 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Marantz NR1200.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
Marantz NR1200 Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖The Marantz NR1200 can not use the auto speaker calibration.