Most customers are looking to find an AV receiver with decent equipment, and an improved decoder with strong amplifiers and Denon HEOS AVR might be favorite in this question. We estimated the model 4.8 out of 10, after carefully reviewing. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. This model went on sale in 2017. A 5.1 channel amplifier is one of the main features of the model.
Denon HEOS AVR Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Denon HEOS AVR and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Denon HEOS AVR.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
Denon HEOS AVR Cons
- ✖The HEOS AVR has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Denon HEOS AVR is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖There is no sleep timer.
- ✖The Denon HEOS AVR can not use the auto speaker calibration.