Many buyers aim to find an AV receiver with good equipment, an advanced decoder, and powerful amplifiers, and the Pioneer Elite SC-99 is sure to be the favorite. After careful consideration of the model, we gave it a 9.5 out of 10. The manufacturer released this model in 2015. The receiver is fitted with an amplifier capable of managing 9.2 channels.
Pioneer Elite SC-99 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔MHL is a mobile audio-video interface standard that combines the functionality of the HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, its presence in Pioneer Elite SC-99 allows you to connect mobile devices and broadcast content from them.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, Elite SC-99 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over Elite SC-99 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Pioneer Elite SC-99.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Pioneer Elite SC-99 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the Elite SC-99, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 3 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Pioneer Elite SC-99 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Pioneer Elite SC-99 Cons
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖Pioneer Elite SC-99 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.