A good home AV receiver is a combination of features and good sound performance. This is exactly what the Denon DRA-900H is. In the course of our review, this model received a rating of 7.3 out of 10. This is a receiver from famous manufacturer Denon released in 2023. This model is capable of process 2.2 channels.
Denon DRA-900H Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, DRA-900H has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔With 4K/120Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔The DRA-900H is fitted with the 8K pass-through feature and able to send 8K signals directly to an 8K TV without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Denon DRA-900H to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Denon DRA-900H and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.3 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Denon DRA-900H.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the DRA-900H, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Denon DRA-900H can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Denon DRA-900H Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.