The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Cambridge Audio AXR100 will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 5.6 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The Cambridge Audio released this model in 2019. The AXR100 is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 2.0 channels.
Cambridge Audio AXR100 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, AXR100 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔When using the AXR100, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Cambridge Audio AXR100 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Cambridge Audio AXR100 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Does not have an automatic power-off when idle.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖There is no sleep timer.
- ✖The Cambridge Audio AXR100 can not use the auto speaker calibration.