A modern AV receiver is perhaps one of the most sought after categories of home electronics. We've got one of these receivers for review - Denon AVR-X8500H. Based on the characteristics and features considered, the model received a score of 9.5 on a 10-point scale. In 2018, this receiver was released. An amplifier with 13.2 channels is one of the main model’s feature.
Denon AVR-X8500H Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, AVR-X8500H has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Denon AVR-X8500H with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔Auro 3D provides a little more flexibility than Dolby Atmos and creates a hemispherical sound space and allows our receiver to create three levels of sound.
- ✔IMAX Enhanced is a licensing and certification program under which receivers, including Denon AVR-X8500H, deliver that crisp 4K HDR picture and powerful sound by IMAX.
- ✔With HDR pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over AVR-X8500H with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Denon AVR-X8500H to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Denon AVR-X8500H and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Denon AVR-X8500H.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Denon AVR-X8500H uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the AVR-X8500H, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 3 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Denon AVR-X8500H can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Denon AVR-X8500H Cons
- ✖We do not know disadvantages