The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Harman Kardon AVR 1610 will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 4.5 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. The Harman Kardon released this model in 2013. The AVR 1610 is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 5.1 channels.
Harman Kardon AVR 1610 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔MHL is a mobile audio-video interface standard that combines the functionality of the HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, its presence in Harman Kardon AVR 1610 allows you to connect mobile devices and broadcast content from them.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Harman Kardon AVR 1610.
Harman Kardon AVR 1610 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The AVR 1610 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖Harman Kardon AVR 1610 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Energy-saving ECO mode is not implemented.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.
- ✖The Harman Kardon AVR 1610 can not use the auto speaker calibration.