Most customers are looking to find an AV receiver with decent equipment, and an improved decoder with strong amplifiers and Onkyo TX-RZ610 might be favorite in this question. We estimated the model 7.7 out of 10, after carefully reviewing. This model went on sale in 2016. A 7.2 channel amplifier is one of the main features of the model.
Onkyo TX-RZ610 Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, TX-RZ610 has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Dolby Atmos technology has been included in this model specifically to create a 3D effect when watching movies, which reveals all its features with a minimum 5.1 configuration.
- ✔Onkyo TX-RZ610 with an adaptive and flexible DTS:X surround format can support any speaker configuration, unlike Dolby Atmos.
- ✔Auro 3D provides a little more flexibility than Dolby Atmos and creates a hemispherical sound space and allows our receiver to create three levels of sound.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the TX-RZ610 with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Onkyo TX-RZ610 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Onkyo TX-RZ610.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Onkyo TX-RZ610 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Onkyo TX-RZ610 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Onkyo TX-RZ610 Cons
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Onkyo TX-RZ610 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.