The review of Yamaha RX-V675 is allowing us to understand how intricately the explosive development in the home theater sphere has been made. 6.7 points out of 10 are a proper feature and specs evaluation of this unit. In 2013, this receiver model became available for purchase. 7.2-channel amplifier is what this model is equipped with.
Yamaha RX-V675 Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔MHL is a mobile audio-video interface standard that combines the functionality of the HDMI and MicroUSB interfaces, its presence in Yamaha RX-V675 allows you to connect mobile devices and broadcast content from them.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V675 and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Yamaha RX-V675.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔Yamaha RX-V675 uses bi-amping to amplify each dynamic in a speaker separately, resulting in clearer, better sound.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔This AV receiver is able to use 2 zones to send a source signal to speakers or a separate audio system in different locations.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V675 can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V675 Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The RX-V675 has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V675 is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.