The functionality of receivers is expanding rapidly and radically. The review of Yamaha RX-V383BL will help us to understand the intricacies of this explosive progress. 5 points out of 10 are an adequate assessment of this receiver for functions and capabilities. The Yamaha released this model in 2017. The RX-V383BL is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 5.1 channels.
Yamaha RX-V383BL Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With HDR10 pass-through support, it is possible to transfer data over the RX-V383BL with a much wider range of colors.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V383BL and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V383BL can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V383BL Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The RX-V383BL has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V383BL is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖There is no native app to control this receiver.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Does not have Pure Direct mode.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.