When planning to purchase an AV receiver, a future user is faced with numerous questions that cannot always be dealt with without a specialist. We will try to answer many of these questions in a review of one of the receivers - Yamaha RX-V379BL. During the review, we evaluated the technical characteristics and features of the device. 4.5 out of 10 - this is the estimate that we consider fair. The overall rating is too low, we would not recommend choosing this receiver. The release of this receiver took place in 2015. The model from Yamaha can process 5.1-channel sound.
Yamaha RX-V379BL Pros
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔With 4K/60Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Yamaha RX-V379BL and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.2 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Yamaha RX-V379BL can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Yamaha RX-V379BL Cons
- ✖The receiver has not a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✖The RX-V379BL has not a phono (MM) input for connecting a phonographer or turntable.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖AirPlay is not supported.
- ✖Yamaha RX-V379BL is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖Spotify music is not supported.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖Has no speaker A/B switching function.