Most customers are looking to find an AV receiver with decent equipment, and an improved decoder with strong amplifiers and Yamaha R-N303BL might be favorite in this question. We estimated the model 6 out of 10, after carefully reviewing. This model went on sale in 2017. A 2.0 channel amplifier is one of the main features of the model.
Yamaha R-N303BL Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔DLNA is a feature that gives the receiver the ability to transmit and receive various media content over the home network, as well as display it in real time.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, R-N303BL has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Yamaha R-N303BL.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the R-N303BL, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
Yamaha R-N303BL Cons
- ✖This receiver can not play content from external media.
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Does not support for HDR.
- ✖4K pass-through support is not implemented.
- ✖HDMI ARC function not implemented.
- ✖HDMI eARC function not implemented.
- ✖The manufacturer does not claim support for HDMI CEC.
- ✖It is not possible to use the HDMI pass-through in standby mode, which could allow the TV to receive the original signal from the source even when the receiver is turned off.
- ✖Yamaha R-N303BL is unable to use Amazon Music.
- ✖There is no voice control function.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.
- ✖The Yamaha R-N303BL can not use the auto speaker calibration.