Audio and video content is becoming more and more qualitative, and for comfortable home consumption of this content, an appropriate device is needed. We bring to your attention an overview of Denon AVR-S670H, which can thus become your home entertaniment center. For its technological equipment, this receiver received an assessment of 6.8 points out of 10 possible. This is a receiver from Denon released in 2023. The receiver is equipped with an amplifier that can handle 5.2 channels.
Denon AVR-S670H Pros
- ✔The receiver has a function of wireless connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- ✔Bluetooth is now one of the key wireless communication protocols. In AV receivers, it is used for audio signal transmission or remote control. And it is in the model under review that Bluetooth support is implemented.
- ✔The presence of a USB port allows the receiver to play content from external media.
- ✔Like any modern receiver, AVR-S670H has a Phono (MM) input for connecting a phonograph or turntable.
- ✔With 4K/120Hz pass-through support, it is possible to pass data through this model without degrading image quality.
- ✔The AVR-S670H is fitted with the 8K pass-through feature and able to send 8K signals directly to an 8K TV without degrading image quality.
- ✔ARC feature eliminates the need for an additional composite or optical cable when connecting this unit to a TV.
- ✔eARC is more bandwidth-intensive than ARC and therefore allows Denon AVR-S670H to support advanced high-quality audio formats.
- ✔The manufacturer claims support for CEC in Denon AVR-S670H and therefore you can control any HDMI-connected device using one remote control.
- ✔This receiver supports the data encryption protocol HDCP 2.3 which allows licensed devices to play high definition audio and video.
- ✔Can stream audio using the AirPlay protocol.
- ✔Has access to the Amazon Music network service.
- ✔Stream music from one of the most popular services Spotify directly on the Denon AVR-S670H.
- ✔The main functions of this model can be controlled using voice control.
- ✔This receiver consumes less power thanks to ECO mode.
- ✔The reviewed receiver has a Pure Direct mode, when used it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing.
- ✔When using the AVR-S670H, it is possible to switch between the main and additional set of speakers - speaker A/B switching.
- ✔With the included microphone, the Denon AVR-S670H can use the auto speaker calibration mechanism to create the most suitable soundstage.
Denon AVR-S670H Cons
- ✖Dolby Atmos technology has not been included.
- ✖Can not manage the DTS:X surround format.
- ✖Bi-amping is not available.